Ragdolls are born white and don't obtain their full color until 2 years of age, with the exception of the mink colors.
They don't reach maturity until at least 3 years of age.
Neutered males weigh about 15-25 pounds and are 3 feet long.
Spayed females weigh about 12 to 15 pounds and are slightly shorter.
Their fur is rabbit-like, medium long and never mats with little shedding. It requires no routine grooming such as the Persian or Himalayan.
Very quiet voices--not the talkative type of cat like a Siamese.
Very social, they like human contact.
- Ragdoll cats act more like dogs than cats:
- They follow you are around the home and love to be with people.
- They sleep with you.
- They greet you when you come home.
- They are not afraid of people who come into your home.
- They get along well with dogs who may already be in your home.
- They can be easily voice trained to keep them off of furniture or countertops, etc